Cineastes have the all reasons to rejoice that in keeping up with the true “PPP4: Sama All” fashion, two titles from Regal Films and 21 movies from ABS-CBN Films have joined the lineup of the 4th Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino (PPP) of the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP).
This brings the total number of PPP4 films to 168, with 90 full-length features and 78 shorts.
Horror film “Aswang” by Peque Gallaga and Lore Reyes and the Chito S. Roño drama “Signal Rock” are from Regal Films, and they fall under the Genre and the Pang-Oscars sections, respectively.
“Transit” by Hannah Espia and “Sila-Sila” by Giancarlo Abrahan are just two of the highly anticipated ABS-CBN titles in PPP4.
“Transit” is in the Pang-Oscars section while “Sila-Sila” is among the latest PPP Premium Selection titles together with the restored version of “Markova: Comfort Gay” by Gil Portes and “Metamorphosis” by J.E. Tiglao.
Three restored masterpieces by National Artists for Cinema are added to the Classics section: “Banaue” by Gerardo de Leon, “Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon?” by Eddie Romero, and “Anak Dalita” by Lamberto V. Avellana.
“Anak Dalita” will be screened for free as part of ABS-CBN’s Sagip Pelikula Advocacy Campaign in partnership with LVN Pictures, Inc. to make it more accessible to the public.
Timeless Star Cinema romantic films, which have been restored, are also part of PPP4. These are “A Very Special Love” by Cathy Garcia-Molina starring John Lloyd Cruz and Sarah Geronimo, “Kailangan Kita” by Rory Quintos starring Aga Muhlach and Claudine Barretto, and “Sana Maulit Muli” by Olivia M. Lamasan starring Muhlach and Lea Salonga.
Meanwhile, King of Comedy Dolphy is part of the Tribute section with the restored “Captain Barbell” by Jose “Pepe” Wenceslao.
FDCP Chairperson and CEO Liza Diño stated, “The PPP4 is a show of solidarity as it gathers 168 films in a grand showcase of Philippine Cinema.I am delighted that the PPP spirit is embodied in this year’s online edition as it brings together the industry and community in one platform to promote the appreciation for Filipino films and help provide support to the film industry badly hit by the pandemic.”
The “PPP4, Sama All!” slogan enjoins filmmakers, audiences, and the rest of the FDCP’s stakeholders to be one with the industry as it continues to weather the COVID-19 crisis.
Diño added that 100% of the proceeds from the sales of PPP4 Festival Passes will go directly to the participating full-length films’ producers.
Here are the 23 additional titles to PPP4, which will be held from October 31 to November 15 at the FDCPchannel.ph platform:
PPP Premium Selection
• “Sila-Sila” by Giancarlo Abrahan
• “Markova: Comfort Gay” (restored) by Gil Portes
• “Metamorphosis” by J.E. Tiglao
• “A Very Special Love” (restored) by Cathy Garcia-Molina
• “Kailangan Kita” (restored) by Rory Quintos
• “Sana Maulit Muli” (restored) by Olivia M. Lamasan
Youth and Family
• “Pare Ko” (restored) by Jose Javier Reyes
• “RPG Metanoia” by Luis Suarez
• “Paglisan” by Carl Papa
• “Anak Dalita” (restored) by Lamberto V. Avellana (in the free tab)
• “Banaue” (restored) by Gerardo de Leon
• “Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon?” (restored) by Eddie Romero
• “Signal Rock” by Chito S. Roño
• “Transit” by Hannah Espia
• “Dekada ’70” (restored) by Chito S. Roño
• “Anak” (restored) by Rory Quintos
• “Aswang” by Peque Gallaga and Lore Reyes
• “Miss Bulalacao” by Ara Chawdhury
• “Esprit de Corps” by Auraeus Solito
• “Captain Barbell” (restored) by Jose “Pepe” Wenceslao (for Dolphy)
From the Regions
• “Ang Damgo ni Eleuteria” by Remton Zuasola
• “Dahling Nick” by Sari Dalena
• “Forbidden Memory” by Teng Mangansakan
Several subscription options are available for PPP4. The Premium Festival Pass (PHP 599) grants a 16-day access to all content, including the Premium films and events.
The Early Bird Rate period, which offers the Premium Festival Pass at just PHP 450, has been extended until October 25.
Beginning October 31, the following PPP4 passes will be available: Half Run Pass (PHP 299) for eight days, Day Pass (PHP 99), and Free Pass (for short films, public events, and other free content).
Persons with disabilities (PWDs) and senior citizens get a 20% discount while students have a 30% discount.
The PPP is the flagship event of the FDCP. Its Event Partners are Glimsol Web & Digital Solutions, Team On Ground, and Dragonpay, the official payment gateway of PPP4.
The Early Bird Rate period for the PPP4 Premium Festival Pass has been extended until October 25