This coming December, Cinema Centenario celebrates its first anniversary dedicated to pay tribute to the core foundation of its existence, the one hundred years of Philippine Cinema, by launching the
2nd Maginhawa Film Festival.
MFF is the biggest annual event along the food hub in Quezon City which started in 2017 as a platform to strengthen a multi-sectoral audience for the local cinema by showcasing the best films of all forms, genres, and themes.
This 2018, the Festival will also hold various activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars given by adept personalities in film industry.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Festival Dates: December 1-29, 2018
Entry Deadline: October 31, 2018
1. Entries must have been completed after December 1, 2017.
2. The director of the entry must be a Filipino citizen.
3. Philippine premiere is NOT required.
4. Films that competed on other local and foreign film festivals are still eligible to join.
5. Films must NOT be available to the public, both online and broadcast platforms prior and during the
6.1 Full Length films both Narrative Fiction and Documentary must not exceed 3 hours including opening
and closing credits.
6.2 Short Features (Narrative, Animation, Documentary, Experimental) must not exceed 20 minutes and
NOT be shorter than 5 minutes including credits.
1. Submission of films has no entry fee
2. Entrant must submit a duly accomplished entry form attached with private online screener (Vimeo
Link with password protection or YouTube with ‘unlisted’ privacy setting.
3. Films can be in various local language provided that the film is subtitled in English. 4. Films must be in digital format.
5. Films must only be shown in MFF venue/s during the festival.
6. Directors may submit multiple entries. However, only one film would be selected to become part of
the official selection.
7. The Festival has the sole discretion to do necessary changes on programming albeit announced.
8. Entrant should have legal authority to submit the entry and shall hold the Festival free and harmless
from any and all liabilities arising out of or in connection with copyright law and suits by third parties.
Best Feature Length Film
Maginhawa Choice Award
Best Performance (Actor & Actress)
Best Sound Design
Best Production Design
Best Short Film
APPLICATION FOR YOUTH JURY
Calling all student film and media organizations. Nominate a representative from your group to be
part of the 2018 Maginhawa Film Festival Jury.
Must be a bonafide student and a member of a film or media organization for the school year 2017- 2018.
Submit your CV with attached official endorsement from your organization and college administrator